Internal Communications & Events Manager
Contract | £55000 - £65000 per annum | South East (UK) | England | Posted by Jemma Tilbrook | 31.07.18
Black Swan Group have been engaged to source for an Internal Engagement & Events Manager to join the Communications team of a leading Retail and Leisure business in Northampton.
The role, will work alongside the Senior Corporate Communications Manager and is responsible for all internal engagement channels, including acting as lead on Group events and leveraging technology to create a two-way dialogue between internal stakeholders. This person will work closely with senior management and internal stakeholders to drive a high-performance culture rooted in the Group's strategic objectives.
The role is a 1-year fixed contract, covering maternity leave.
- Design Colleague Engagement Strategy for 2019, including calendar of activity to support business objectives.
- Project lead and launch new two-way engagement platform, for example Facebook Workplace to internal audiences.
- Responsible for overseeing content for all internal engagement channels, including news flash, intranet and Portal.
- Develop and drive Group-wide initiatives from internal engagement perspective e.g. colleague survey
- Work with internal stakeholders to communicate Group and departmental news, as well as increase awareness of the importance of Internal Engagement among senior management
- Engage with internal stakeholders to develop a consistent internal brand and employer value proposition
- Manage and monitor the Internal Engagement & Events team budget to ensure projects remain on track
- Manage the coordination and delivery of bi-monthly "All Colleague Meetings"working closely with senior management on content.
- Work with third party suppliers on design and production of digital content for internal events
- Take a lead role in celebrating business milestones through fun and engaging multi-site initiatives
Knowledge and experience required:
- Extensive corporate experience, including expertise in event management
- Digital skills relating to launch/management of two-way engagement platform
- Experience in multi-site internal engagement
- Strong strategic skills but also ability to roll up sleeves and do the delivery
- Influencing skills at leadership team level
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience in managing and developing a team
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
If you are interested in considering this 1 year maternity cover contract and can get to Northampton please get in touch to discuss further.