Head of Risk
Permanent | £90000 - £130000 per annum | City | England | 12.03.18
My client is a highly-selective leading Proprietary Trading Firm headquartered in London and with an Asian office and with a wide-range of strategies in Global Equity and Derivatives markets. They have also recently launched a Hedge Fund running a range of strategies. The firm consists of some of the strongest traders and developers in the market. They are looking for a Risk Manager to join their Risk team in London. The candidate profiles they'll consider will have 8+ years of experience of Risk/Quant Analysis in a Proprietary Trading firm or a Hedge Fund.
The role will involve:
- Monitoring and improving Risk systems, periodically producing reports on Market Risk for the firm across Market Risk. This is done on a monthly, weekly and daily basis as well as ad-hoc reporting when requested.
- Analysis and assessment of Market Risk involved in new products launches, also with a view on Regulatory and Compliance issues/suitability
- Maintaining and Enhancing current Risk framework, as well as developing and embedding frameworks for business expansion
- Providing leadership to Risk function across both Quantitative/Market Risk duties as well as some non-financials
The successful candidate must have:
- Extensive experience of Risk management for a Trading or Hedge Fund firm with scope across diversified portfolios inclusive of Equities and Equity Derivatives
- Strong technical Risk and Product knowledge across a breadth of Asset Classes
- Strong experience of tool building in Excel VBA and working knowledge of one or all of SQL/Python/Matlab, coupled with strong communication skills and experience of stakeholder management working with Front Office, Developers and Support functions
For more information and to apply please contact Joshua Grant-Butler on 02033015313 alternatively email to firstname.lastname@example.org